The Citizens Conservation Corps is seeking to hire an AmeriCorps EAP Corpsmember to support the Youth Initiative, Let's Move! Outside Community Coordinator by working with YMCA staff, community partners and volunteers to ensure fidelity of the Initiative.
The EAP member will support the community coordinator in the following areas:
• Reach out to community groups to promote programming, participation and collaboration via a launch and summit.
• Facilitate engagement with public land management agencies (including but not limited to Department of the Interior -DOI) and partnering organizations via a local community partner Summit
• Promote programming that connects youth to the outdoors to play, learn, serve and work.
• As necessary will create relevant and sustainable programs that strengthen and increase volunteer engagement on public lands, including but not limited to lands managed by the bureaus of the DOI.
• Report your COMMUNITY numbers at the end of the calendar year
Specific Duties may require:
• Help organize the Summit
• Provide project support in data collection including number of volunteers engaged in projects as well as opportunities for kids and families to "Play" and "Learn" in these projects.
o Registration and database management of volunteers
o Will follow up with organizations engaged in the Summit and attend and volunteer at a minimum of 3 of their events. These hours will count toward the service term
o Engage more community volunteers by promoting local partner events to YMCA members and local community
• Ensure that materials are prepared appropriately:
o marketing assets available on the PLSW share site
and providing YMCA Video and Photo Release Forms for video and photo recording for mid and end of year summary as part of the Y-USA reporting process
• Other duties may include those that are assigned by the Community Coordinator or supervisor
The EAP member will be working most days in the office and participate in events (during the week or on weekends).
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
• Physical Demands- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependable -- Can be depended upon to follow instructions and complete the work in a high quality manner.
• Trustworthy -- Performs the work with integrity and honesty.
The legacy of the Citizens Conservation Corps (CCC) and its tradition dates back to the 1930s under President Roosevelt's public works programs. Our CCC ancestors forged an impressive, solid reputation built on hard work, self- esteem and values. Following that proud tradition, today's Corps is alive and well, working to improve communities. We are working diligently each and every day to strengthen and revitalize those communities. This is done by investing in our people, both youth and adults. We all share a common dream of improving and impacting as many lives as possible through education, training and employment.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers