compensation: $13.00 - $19.00 per hour. $1.00 per hour attendance bonus! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
JOB DESCRIPTION: FILLING LINE OPERATOR
The Kingswood Company is a 60+ year old company and is the leading private label manufacturer of consumer products for the jewelry industry with over 3,000 customers on six continents. Our team is experienced and energetic, serving some of the best-known retailers and designers in the world. We are GROWING, and have added a new filling line, and 5 new positions in the past 30 days. It is the perfect time to join our team!!
We are seeking a dedicated packaging professional and filling machine operator who brings a high level of responsibility and dedication to the position. You must be vigilant and perceptive while operating the machinery to avoid spills and to ensure high quality. We are looking for a candidate who is efficient and quick, meeting daily quotas and being able to operate the machinery for several hours at a time. In addition to operating the machinery, you will mix our trade-secret formulations according to easy-to-follow measurements, and complete administrative work throughout your shift, and perform simple maintenance on the machines. Join us - and enter the fast-paced and dynamic manufacturing environment of our company!
This Full-Time position has excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as short-term disability and life insurance, paid vacation and holidays, opportunity for incentive compensation and a retirement savings plan with employer match.
This is an ideal position for someone who wants to be part of a team in a growing company. There is the opportunity to take on leadership roles, and additional responsibility as our company grows.
Filling Line Operator
Full Time: 40+ hours per week
Shift: 7.30 am - 4.30 pm (one hour lunch break)
Availability for overtime is a MUST during seasonal production.
This position is NOT a contract position and is an ongoing employee position. Hours worked will be on-site, in our office, located off 670 East, near the airport.
- Experienced in manufacturing operations, filling machine operation, warehouse, production, quality control, assembly.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree Preferred.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Possesses mechanical aptitude with the ability to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs on manufacturing equipment.
- An ability to work well and closely with others and function in a team-oriented work environment.
- An ability to multi-task, set priorities and maintain them.
- Able to work independently and with a team in a deadline-driven environment to produce customers' orders.
- Oral communication skills which are clear, concise and effective. This position has daily production responsibilities, and ideally communicates regularly with the rest of the production team, as well as management.
- Strong quality control and ability to produce consistently superior product quality, across runs of 150-25,000.
- Must be able to read documents in Standard English such as work orders, standard operating procedures, maintenance schedules, and operating manuals.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Willing to learn new applications and skills -- examples of recent work include implementation of new equipment, new formulations, and increased QC procedures.
- Physically able to wear protective equipment, including but not limited to apron, goggles, dust mask, protective gloves.
- Physically able to occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Physically able to work on your feet for an entire 8-hour shift.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is willing to learn new skills and participate in all facets of production.
References and a clear drug test (paid for by the company) will be required.
Daily tasks will include:
- Mixing / compounding of liquid formulas and prepping products for filling, following specific and precise measurements.
- Operate filling line machinery and equipment of several types at varying stages of the production line, performing actions quickly and safely at all times.
- Observe machine operations and products to ensure quality and conformity of products to standards.
- Work with supervisor to organize the filling line operation, optimizing for best efficiency and quality.
- Adjust machine components and setup according to size and specs of products running - there can be up to a dozen change overs in a single shift.
- Monitor the production line, watching for problems such as pile-ups, jams, or other bottling issues.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear jams, reclaim product, and communication malfunctions to supervisor.
- Clean, oil, and make minor repairs to machinery and equipment, at end of shift, weekly, and semi-annually.
- Complete paperwork and other minor administrative tasks throughout the shift, carefully ensuring that all information is entered correctly and clearly.
- Evaluate inventory used in production against quality control standards, and coordinating with supervisor to resolve issues.
- Supporting the sales team as necessary in a variety of sample making and custom projects.
- Striving to continuously improve operational efficiency, and quality of products.
- Other duties as assigned.
Hourly compensation is based on experience. Range $13 - $19 / hour, plus overtime. Compensation will be based on experience.
Additional benefits include: 2+ weeks paid vacation; 6 paid holidays; bonus, based on performance; participation in company retirement savings plan with Employer match (eligibility based on tenure); and medical/dental/vision benefits.
Submit resume, references and a cover letter via email to hmosher at thekingswoodcompany dot com
Visit our website at www.thekingswoodcompany.com for more information about our team, products, and company.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers