The BRAND NEW Craftsman Kitchen & Terrace is now open & we are looking for an experienced SAUTE COOK, GRILL COOK & PIZZA THROWER to join our growing team! Located within the newly renovated Cherry Valley Hotel, the menu features american-style cuisine crafted from seasonal ingredients. Our new menu highlights Ohio raised house ground all beef burgers, hand-made brick oven pizza and fresh pasta from our scratch kitchen!
Be a part of making this the go-to restaurant & hospitality destination for locals & guests, Apply today!
The Cooks are responsible for organizing, preparing, and cooking all food items in assigned stations for banquets and restaurant meals and assists the Executive Chef in the training and support of the kitchen staff.
What you will be doing
• Working cook in all areas of kitchen, prep, pantry or line.
• Overseeing food preparation and kitchen staff to ensure quality production.
• Responsible for supervising cook and pantry personnel to insure proper use and implementation of management systems and assist kitchen management in assigned duties.
• Prepare food “to order” items for customers using a quality predetermined method in a timely and consistent manner.
• Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all menu items.
• Set up stations required to service all banquet functions and menu items.
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to prepare over estimated needs.
• Date all food containers and rotate accordingly, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
• Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
• Anticipate all and any menu requests
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
• Take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
• Report to work for scheduled shift, on time and in uniform in accordance with company policy
• Check all food for tastes, temperature, and eye appeal.
• Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
• Constantly spot check food and quality service during all meal periods to ensure that foods served meet our portion control and quality standards. Perform as expeditor during peak meal periods.
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
• Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
• Prepare and submit requisitions to Executive or Sous Chef for staple food items
• Adhere to hotel/kitchen sanitation standards; avoid cross contamination of products and follow proper rotation practices to decrease spoilage.
• Adhere to recipes and food pictures to ensure uniformity and consistency.
• Consult with Executive/Sous Chef on forecasted business volumes.
• Maintain an open line of communication at all times with any and all departments
• Follow counts/food preparation on BEO
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others and support team to reach goals.
• Knowledge of food preparation, menu concepts sanitation regulations, and safety measures
• Ability to communicate satisfactorily with guests, management, and co-workers
• High School Degree or Equivalent. Degree from Culinary Program preferred Minimum of 2 years experience in food preparation.
• Must possess a thorough knowledge of the hospitality industry and have intermediate kitchen skills.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computer skills
• Ability to supervise situations and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers