How does it work?
You can choose to anonymize your email address when posting to craigslist.
If you select this option, the posting will display a craigslist email address similar to one of the following, instead of your actual email address:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (job postings)
- email@example.com (for-sale postings)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (personals postings)
- email@example.com (discussion forums)
craigslist will then relay any messages sent to that address to your email address. Once your posting expires off the site or is deleted, messages will no longer be relayed.
Why should I choose to anonymize my email address?
- Avoid displaying your actual email address in your posting.
- Our systems filter spam to reduce the amount of unwanted responses relayed to you.
- The anonymized relay is deactivated when your posting expires or is deleted.
- Your email address is not accessible to email harvesting programs.